Originally Posted by hutto1
I changed my battery and this helped but I am still have a lot of issues getting my monitor to pick up my heart rate when I first put it on. This is a change from when I first bought it. I wash it after every use with warm water and soap.
I first noticed this was an issue after I laid my iphone on my chest for a minute while I was wearing it. It has not worked well since. Could something have gotten screwed up from that?
If you have been using ordinary hand liquid or bar soap, this will leave an ever increasing residue build up on the delicate sensor strip fibers in the WearLink Chest Strap.
Try thoroughly laundering your chest strap in a washing machine with liquid laundry detergent, then hang dry. After you have washed it, also check the two small snaps on both the strap and the transmitter module to assure that they have not become clogged or corroded.
If you have not already done so, change the other battery as well. If you have a DC Voltmeter, test the CR2025 battery to confirm that it is full and fresh. A full fresh, CR2025 battery should test, at or above 3.25VDC.
"Commit to Transform!"©
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5 on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260
• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti