08-01-2016, 16:15   #1
spiccand

Polar Balance - feedback please.
Not able to post in accessories topic, I ask you there.

As someone any information regarding this Polar Balance :

- How the system knows your calories?
- Is the balance able to store multiple records and synchronize them all at once?
- Tell us more about this balance please.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
spiccand is offline Reply With Quote
10-01-2016, 13:38   #2
Alghamdi

Polar Balance - feedback please
Originally Posted by spiccand View Post
Not able to post in accessories topic, I ask you there.

As someone any information regarding this Polar Balance :

- Is the balance able to store multiple records and synchronize them all at once?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Feedback please ....
Alghamdi is offline Reply With Quote
11-01-2016, 00:38   #3
Freekick123

Originally Posted by Alghamdi View Post
Feedback please ....
Mine arrived yesterday. It is a scale and measures weight only. It does not measure body mass. I have it paired with my V800. You step on the scale, wait for the beep, then press the sync button on the V800. It captures your weight and updates it in Physical settings. When you sync the V800 to Flow it will update your weight on Flow and activate the Balance function in the menu. You can put a goal weight in and it will show a balance scale and graph to track your progress during weight loss. It will tell you to eat more or exercise more (or be more active). It will also tell you your BMI as long as your weight, height, and daily activity level are set in Flow. It will also add Balance to the menu selection on the Flow App iOS which is the same as the Balance menu on the Flow web site.

It does NOT know calories consumed or burned. It just tells you to burn more calories or consume more.

I haven't tried pairing it with anything else.
Powertap C1 power meter
iPhone 7 Plus
Specialized Roubaix 2010
Kinetic Rock and Roll Trainer, Kinetic InRide
Sufferfest training videos
Balance Scale
Freekick123 is offline Reply With Quote
11-01-2016, 09:17   #4
mvdswaluw

If you enter a goal weight, your daily goal will also be updated. I want to loose weight, so I entered my goal as a weight loss of 11.5kg per 12 weeks. Now suddenly I have to be busy a lot more to get at 100% each day. ;-)

Now if only I could manually add older weight measurements into flow... I have been keeping charts since july 2015, but not in flow.

And I've found out that sometimes when I step on the scale and want to sync, my V800 syncs with my phone instead of the scale.

Last edited by mvdswaluw : 11-01-2016 at 09:29.
mvdswaluw is offline Reply With Quote
11-01-2016, 15:43   #5
Freekick123

Originally Posted by mvdswaluw View Post
If you enter a goal weight, your daily goal will also be updated. I want to loose weight, so I entered my goal as a weight loss of 11.5kg per 12 weeks. Now suddenly I have to be busy a lot more to get at 100% each day. ;-)

Now if only I could manually add older weight measurements into flow... I have been keeping charts since july 2015, but not in flow.

And I've found out that sometimes when I step on the scale and want to sync, my V800 syncs with my phone instead of the scale.
I haven't had mine sync to the phone yet. I wait for the beep then maybe a couple seconds more then hit the button on my V800. Maybe keep the phone away from the scale and see if that helps? I think so far my phone has still been in the bedroom when I weight myself.
Powertap C1 power meter
iPhone 7 Plus
Specialized Roubaix 2010
Kinetic Rock and Roll Trainer, Kinetic InRide
Sufferfest training videos
Balance Scale
Freekick123 is offline Reply With Quote
19-01-2016, 12:47   #6
chanezgr

After the bip you can sync the watch or band with the scale. On the V800, you will get a message that the sync is OK with the weight measured. A sync to the phone will begin automatically right after if the phone is in range.
19-01-2016, 14:22   #7
PetterAb

Originally Posted by mvdswaluw View Post
Have you tried entering your weights manually in the Diary? If you select a day in the Diary there is a field (below Daily note) where you can enter your weight. It will take you some time but it is fully doable with some patience. The manually added weight data will be visible in the Balance view.

Sports: Cycling, XC skiing, running, mountaineering, weight lifting, floorball,...
PetterAb is offline Reply With Quote
19-01-2016, 14:29   #8
PetterAb

Originally Posted by spiccand View Post
It doesn't know your calories. But it estimates your calorie consumption based on your activity, training and weight (I assume).

The balance cant store anything. But your watch can if you syncronize it with the Balance weight. The watch can store many records for one day or many days.

For more see:
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/01/p...le-review.html

Sports: Cycling, XC skiing, running, mountaineering, weight lifting, floorball,...
PetterAb is offline Reply With Quote
20-01-2016, 09:52   #9
mvdswaluw

Originally Posted by PetterAb View Post
Have you tried entering your weights manually in the Diary? If you select a day in the Diary there is a field (below Daily note) where you can enter your weight. It will take you some time but it is fully doable with some patience. The manually added weight data will be visible in the Balance view.
Missed that one. Thanks. All data is in flow now
mvdswaluw is offline Reply With Quote
23-01-2016, 00:20   #10
Vanillaice

Accuracy
So I've used the scale for two days now. It seems like it doesn't "get" how much active I am. I've been active and reached my goals for two days but the flowapp still tells me I'm gaining 2.5kg/month. Have I got this wrong? Or maybe the software needs some tweaking...
What are your experiences?
Vanillaice is offline Reply With Quote