Reply
15-10-2013, 20:03   #21
Kiik
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
The most simple, but missing feature, from the previous post - for me this is the biggest letdown:
Have the possibility to see my hr without starting a exercise, e.g for warmup etc
Kiik is offline Reply With Quote
16-10-2013, 06:54   #22
moderator
Main User
 
moderator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,391
Originally Posted by Kiik View Post
The most simple, but missing feature, from the previous post - for me this is the biggest letdown:
Have the possibility to see my hr without starting a exercise, e.g for warmup etc
We've had many to wish this and we've passed on the message to the right people. //kate
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
08-12-2013, 13:02   #23
rich_tea
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5
wishlist
-customizable screens or at least the ability to remove some of the unwanted screens!
-only 4 phases is not enough
-Simple stop watch function
-option to lock the back light
-alarms need to be much louder
-why is pause/start not the same button, like on every other watch I know, so many times I quit my record because of this( and still do occationally after 3 month owning the watch)
-gps reception is horrible,takes forever to get a signal and as soon as you get some light tree cover current pace becomes kinda useless.
-polarpersonaltrainer.com is very cluttered and compared to other companies very ugly.

It could be a really nice watch, but to be honest I'm quite disappointed after 3 month of using it.

Most of the issues could probably fixed by an firmware upgrade and making the website not look like it's been designed in the late 90's.
Unfortunately I have very little hope that any of these problems will be addressed anytime soon (eg next 3 month)
rich_tea is offline Reply With Quote
20-02-2014, 14:47   #24
Luke0408
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Kiik View Post
The most simple, but missing feature, from the previous post - for me this is the biggest letdown:
Have the possibility to see my hr without starting a exercise, e.g for warmup etc
Exactly, like it is on my good old S625X. Cannot be that hard !!!!!
Luke0408 is offline Reply With Quote
20-02-2014, 16:37   #25
ppresing
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 285
Originally Posted by Luke0408 View Post
Exactly, like it is on my good old S625X. Cannot be that hard !!!!!
+1...that would be realy nice and at most useful...come on Polar, Listen to our bodies, this is the most basic feature and a ground of heart rate monitoring!!!
__________________
Training Gear:
* Polar M450 Spd/Cad BT, Polar M600, H7
* GoPro Hero 4 Silver
* Scott Foil 30, Scott Scale 50
ppresing is offline Reply With Quote
12-05-2014, 14:29   #26
giam67
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by rich_tea View Post
-customizable screens or at least the ability to remove some of the unwanted screens!
-only 4 phases is not enough
-Simple stop watch function
-option to lock the back light
-alarms need to be much louder
-why is pause/start not the same button, like on every other watch I know, so many times I quit my record because of this( and still do occationally after 3 month owning the watch)
-gps reception is horrible,takes forever to get a signal and as soon as you get some light tree cover current pace becomes kinda useless.
-polarpersonaltrainer.com is very cluttered and compared to other companies very ugly.

It could be a really nice watch, but to be honest I'm quite disappointed after 3 month of using it.

Most of the issues could probably fixed by an firmware upgrade and making the website not look like it's been designed in the late 90's.
Unfortunately I have very little hope that any of these problems will be addressed anytime soon (eg next 3 month)

Hi
is there anybody looking for this? 4 training phases are not enough, this limits a lot the type of workout especially if you want to do interval trainings with alternate distance; it's possible solve this in the future?

I agree also on sound louder and the poor of polar personal trainer.com, is there any answer?

Thak you very much

Gianmario
giam67 is offline Reply With Quote
28-05-2014, 20:44   #27
jerodkillick
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6
Sound and Backlight
I would LOVE louder sound option and brighter backlight. Can barely see the dim light in most settings except total darkness.

buy hey...this is an awesome watch regardless of these tweaks.

jerodkillick is offline Reply With Quote
28-05-2014, 21:07   #28
MusicLaw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Woodland Hills, CA - U.S.A.
Posts: 6,196
I was surprised that the audio level of the V800 notifications was not as loud as the RS800CX. At least the vibration feature supplements the occurrence of the alerts.
__________________
"Commit to Transform!"©

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
28-05-2014, 21:08   #29
MusicLaw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Woodland Hills, CA - U.S.A.
Posts: 6,196
Originally Posted by jerodkillick View Post
I would LOVE louder sound option and brighter backlight. Can barely see the dim light in most settings except total darkness.

buy hey...this is an awesome watch regardless of these tweaks.

Do you have the Sport Profile you used set for "Very Loud" Training Sounds?
__________________
"Commit to Transform!"©

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
05-06-2014, 22:02   #30
jerodkillick
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6
Will Check
Originally Posted by MusicLaw View Post
Do you have the Sport Profile you used set for "Very Loud" Training Sounds?
Ahhhhh!!! Will check that out when I get home tonight. W/in the specific profile..... many thanks!!

J
jerodkillick is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools