17-07-2013, 11:53   #11
mkudro

Update original post.
Could please original poster (kdjaghlouli) update first post with "wishes" from all other posts. This way first post of this thread will be a list with all our wishes. And just in case (Polar hear me now) anyone from Polar stumbles upon this thread they will find nice (bullet) overview of things we would like to be included in software updates.... yes, updates, not in new models of future products...
Oh, yeah, and please add remark "List is being updated", or similar for everyone to know that you are maintaining this list.
thank you.
mkudro is offline Reply With Quote
17-07-2013, 19:06   #12
MusicLaw

Originally Posted by mkudro View Post
Could please original poster (kdjaghlouli) update first post with "wishes" from all other posts. This way first post of this thread will be a list with all our wishes. And just in case (Polar hear me now) anyone from Polar stumbles upon this thread they will find nice (bullet) overview of things we would like to be included in software updates.... yes, updates, not in new models of future products...
Oh, yeah, and please add remark "List is being updated", or similar for everyone to know that you are maintaining this list.
thank you.
All good suggestions.

Sadly, not one of the several Polar Moderators has yet to post a response in this thread.

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
23-07-2013, 06:18   #13
Main User

Hi,
Thanks all for your feedback on the RC3 GPS. As with all threads, we take careful note of what all of you say and pass it on to our R&D. This we do even though we do not respond to every thread and post. When developing products we, as well as the R&D teams re-check the forums again against all the input we've received and already entered just to make sure we've not missed anything. It's only after we've checked all our input (from our subsidiaries, distributors, vendors, customer care emails, chats, social media and discussion forums..) that we sit down to review and discuss what improvements and developments we concentrate on. Your input is highly appreciated. And please accept that it will never go unread or unnoticed, even though we're not posting an answer to each suggestion/thread.
//Mindy
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
28-08-2013, 09:00   #14
raffi4

Hi

There is so much things missing there !

we need more than 4 phases for each training this is not enough !

we need to get pace and speed cycle with the views not by changing it in preferences !

we need personalized views, even if cycling thru each 8 view some informations are difficult to get at the same time and it's not possible to change the view all the time while you're running !

Training alarm i set to max and i can't hear any sound from it !!!

When i bough it, i though it whas advanced training watch but it's look like all advanced functionalities are only possible only with the RS800 ???

on more thing :Seriously who need to show the logo with the time ??
raffi4 is offline Reply With Quote
28-08-2013, 18:54   #15
MusicLaw

Originally Posted by raffi4 View Post
Hi

There is so much things missing there !

we need more than 4 phases for each training this is not enough !

we need to get pace and speed cycle with the views not by changing it in preferences !

we need personalized views, even if cycling thru each 8 view some informations are difficult to get at the same time and it's not possible to change the view all the time while you're running !

Training alarm i set to max and i can't hear any sound from it !!!

When i bough it, i though it whas advanced training watch but it's look like all advanced functionalities are only possible only with the RS800 ???

on more thing :Seriously who need to show the logo with the time ??
Press and hold the upper right button to toggle the Time Of Day Display! This is in the User Guide.

There is nothing on Polar's site nor product information asserting that the RC3 GPS is a replacement for nor exceeds the features of Polar's reigning Top Of The Line RS800CX.

Actually, the RCX5 has more features and offers greater user flexibility that the RC3 GPS.

The RC3 GPS' primary distinction is that the GPS feature is built into the wrist unit's casing.

See Polar's Product Comparison information and the User Guides for the products. All are available via the SUPPORT Link via the NavBar above.

I agree that it would have been nice for the screen display fields to be User Configurable as they are with the RCX5 and RS800CX, but Polar opted not to include that capability in the RC3 GPS.

Training Gear:
• RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5
on MARIN® Alpine29er
• V800, M400, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
• GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®, Sports Tracker
• SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
• P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
• PERFECT® FITNESS AbCarverPro, PushUpV2 & MultiGym
• CAMELBAK®; ERGON® GP5; LUMINA 650; MARS 3
• K2® BOA MACH100; HARBINGER® 1260

• RCX5, RC3 GPS, RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
01-09-2013, 21:23   #16
skinnie88

Originally Posted by JBO_Bossi View Post
training with the RC3GPS for a week now...wishlist:
- training alarm noise for HR zones: very loud is actually not that loud...room for improvement there
- trainingviews, really don't need 8, give me 2 that I can configure myself for 100% and I think a lot of customers will be pleased with it, avoid to much altering between views during excersise, focus on basics! If I'm training interval (running) I want to see HR, speed, time countdown...simply not possible in one view now
- I want to follow the mileage of my training shoes, either on the watch or preferably in the software
(thing is that I'm coming from a RS400sd with PPT5, above metioned points are no issues, feels like a downgrade in that perspective, while let us be honnest pricing for RC3GPS is high enough to expect at least the same, not?)
- most important issue for me is the HR zones in personaltrainer software, it completly ignores the values of your personal HR settings and makes the training feedback and progress rather useless
- If you sell it as a Multi-sports watch, than you must be able to set HR zones for each sportprofile separately, don't you agree? I believe a slow run HRzone differes from a slow bike training...I'm not saying that I need it, but if you sell it with that argument...
All this...
And an option to lock the light...
skinnie88 is offline Reply With Quote
16-09-2013, 11:03   #17
mukulakivi

wishlist
1. Slope % of a hill is missing.
2. No real time clock when you are doing a workout?!? Do I need a watch for it?!?
3. a Real Customization of 2 views should be possible.
4. customization of sports (running and cycling is not enought). Should be able to add your own name for a sport and use it in RC3 as well. Really poor this way - advanced is far away.
mukulakivi is offline Reply With Quote
19-09-2013, 09:31   #18
mamud

It would be a mix of RCX5 and the RC3 GPS, with some added features like:

- Real waterproofing (50m instead of IPX7)
- Internal acelerometer (measure swimming strokes, steps, etc...).

Last edited by mamud : 19-09-2013 at 10:07.
mamud is offline Reply With Quote
23-09-2013, 00:37   #19
drjosephkim

Please combine the RC3 with the H2 strap instead of the H3 strap. Many of us exercise on treadmills and other machines that use 5kHz instead of 2.4GHz W.I.N.D.
drjosephkim is offline Reply With Quote
05-10-2013, 06:21   #20
Greenbay

My top 4
1. Be able to add 5 different interval programs to the watch, without choosing a specific date when you plan to do the excercise

2. Have the displays, pace, hr and time and hr zone, hr and time

3. Have the possibility to see my hr without starting a exercise, e.g for warmup etc

4. Possible to start a program, and choose to view the ordinary time. If you want to go for a walk and afterwards just see the trip on the map, but not that interesting to se hr, or time when walkning.

For me, this is all that needs to make this watch perfect. And, technically, I cant see that it would be of any problem to implement.

//Mikael
Greenbay is offline Reply With Quote