02-09-2008, 16:17   #1
DrWings

CS100 displays 9999
My CS100 has locked up and just displays 9999 . I've tried changing the battery and even this doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions??
Thanks
Mat
DrWings is offline Reply With Quote
29-09-2008, 18:29   #2
Anonymous946552

I have the same problem!
Help!!!
Anonymous946552 is offline Reply With Quote
30-05-2009, 16:07   #3
Jano59

Cs100 displays 9999 after battery change
My Polar CS100 reports 9999 On the screen after reseating the battery or setting a new battery

Seem like there is a LOT of peoples out there not having a satisfactory experience with this product, lots are having the same challenge when replacing the battery.

After fiddling around, I found that pressing the buttons left to right on at a time quickly get the CS100 into some testing or whatever menu, where it can be reset, run self tests, display usage and what Receiver is used (I think)..

But there seems to be no way back into normal operation.

Conclusion is that there must be some programming error in the CS100, either its because that I do not have the Heart rate monitor any more, and the CS100 don't wanna work with out or some thing completely different.

If I do not find resolution to this error, I am not sure my next (more expensive....) sports electronic will be Polar!

I anyone finds a solution to this please email me at jano1959@gmail.com

Last edited by Jano59 : 30-05-2009 at 16:14.
Jano59 is offline Reply With Quote
03-06-2009, 07:07   #4
Hedemann

Reason, SW error - Solution, replacement
Originally Posted by Jano59 View Post
My Polar CS100 reports 9999 On the screen after reseating the battery or setting a new battery

Seem like there is a LOT of peoples out there not having a satisfactory experience with this product, lots are having the same challenge when replacing the battery.

After fiddling around, I found that pressing the buttons left to right on at a time quickly get the CS100 into some testing or whatever menu, where it can be reset, run self tests, display usage and what Receiver is used (I think)..

But there seems to be no way back into normal operation.

Conclusion is that there must be some programming error in the CS100, either its because that I do not have the Heart rate monitor any more, and the CS100 don't wanna work with out or some thing completely different.

If I do not find resolution to this error, I am not sure my next (more expensive....) sports electronic will be Polar!

I anyone finds a solution to this please email me at jano1959@gmail.com
Hi
I just got the massage from polar in denmark to send in my CS100 with error 0000 because of a SW error. They will send me a new one.
best regards Hedemann
Hedemann is offline Reply With Quote
03-06-2009, 07:53   #5
Jano59

I got an e-mail from International Support and Danish support, quite quickly!
Both telling me to send it to Polar Denmark for repairs.

Reading about Polar Denmark and support, I am now more confident with the support from Polar witch seems the be excelent!

So maybe I should give it another go ;-) I do like good service!

04-06-2009, 18:11   #6
Jano59

Whent to Polar Service Denmark!

Within a few minuttes I got a replacement for the defect one.

SUPER QUICK SERIVCE AND SMILING NICE PEOPLE TO WITH GOOD ADVICE.

Well, now I just cant look at sports electronics without looking at Polar!

16-07-2009, 13:01   #7
chrismike

Customer Service a Load of Toss
Does anyone else agree witht the title? I have the 9999 error, have tried UK customer service, they just ignor the email, never reply. So I tried .fi customer service and get a stock email saying that they had received my email and would be in touch shortly and then never hear anything else. Tried Denmark, got no answer.

Last edited by Chris Zoller : 16-07-2009 at 17:14.
chrismike is offline Reply With Quote
02-03-2010, 17:20   #8
Anudatta

:I have the same problem no one at polar seems to want to tell us the problem.
Anudatta is offline Reply With Quote
03-03-2010, 05:33   #9
Mirja

I think best way to solve the error is to contact the local Polar rep. they can help you on this.
Mirja is offline Reply With Quote
11-07-2011, 18:40   #10
Steven424

Not very good quality/customer service
For what it's worth, I just encountered the "9999 Screen of Death" while replacing the battery in my CS100. Same symptoms and same lack of response as described previously.

I sent my receiver to the Lake Success, NY repair depot. After a week of not hearing from them I called. The person I spoke to informed me that my problem had been diagnosed. The cause of the 9999 error was that the circuit board inside the received had been fried. I asked him how a simple battery replacement could have done that, and he replied that if I wasn't properly grounded when replacing the battery, static electricity could burn the PC board.

Notwithstanding that I've been working around computers and sensitive electronic equipment for close to 40 years, I find it difficult to believe that Polar units are *that* sensitive to static. But if they choose to design or manufacture without consideration for basic field replaceable parts like a battery, so be it.

The real insult is the $65.95 repair charge they want for sending a working unit back to me. I don't feel it is my responsibility to pay for what is essentialy a design and normal use flaw they built into the product.

I am still undecided about whether to repair, replace, or go with another company altogehter. I like Polar products, but if I face a hefty repair bill each time I need to change a battery, "like" goes to "dislike" very quickly.

I hope this helps someone make an informed decision.
Steven424 is offline Reply With Quote