Polar Discussion Forum will not be available after 31 May, 2018. Learn more.

20-05-2012, 16:08   #1
NOLA_Nell

Speed Sensor Issue: Using with Stationary Training Bike
Hi guys I'm hoping someone has come across the same issue I am having and has a solution.

I have a bike that I have equipped with a stationary trainer to help ride when I can't get outside for long rides. The trainer allows a normal bike to be used as a stationary bike by leaving the front wheel stationary and lifting and moving the back wheel only.

Here is my problem, the CS100 instal instructions state that the speed senor must be mounted on the front wheel at 90 degrees angle under the CS100 unit. As the front wheel doesn't move, I can't measure speed with it mounted to that wheel.

Has anyone attempted mounting the sensor to the back wheel with any success?

Thanks Nell
NOLA_Nell is offline Reply With Quote
21-05-2012, 11:13   #2
Main User

Hi. I am afraid that might be challenging, because the transmission range of the speed CS speed sensor is approx. 50 cm. You would need to have CS100 attached close to seat tube, thus viewing the display during would not be easy/ easily possible.

CS W.I.N.D sensors have longer transmission range due to different frequency, however it is not compatible with CS100.
For example CS500+, RSX5 and CS600X are compatible with CS W.I.N.D sensors. More information about these products can be found at: http://www.polar.fi/en/products/accessories

//kate
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
04-06-2012, 20:45   #3
NOLA_Nell

Thank you Kate for you advice on my situation. And after thinking about your post I rethought my problem and found a solution that does work.

I have attached the senor to my back wheel as it is the only one that moves while I have the bike attached to the trainer, and I attached the monitor to the bar that runs between the seat tube and the handlebars. The distance between the sensor and the monitor are about 17" and the monitor picks up both cadence and speed settings.

I simply look down and see the readout while I am cycling!
NOLA_Nell is offline Reply With Quote