Polar Discussion Forum will not be available after 31 May, 2018. Learn more.

03-05-2011, 15:33   #1
Burning Matches

Using multiple bikes during an event?
I participate in endurace mountain bike races where I occasionally switch bikes during the race. Is it possible to use two different speed sensors during one event and easily switch between the two on the headunit? If I had both bikes set up with a handlebar mount and speed sensor, I could just remove the headunit from the one bike and hop on the other.

I know that I can have multiple bikes set up in the unit, but I don't want to have to end the session and start from zero when I switch bikes during the event. Is there a way to use the "Seek Sensor" function while the session is still active to use a second speed sensor?

Last edited by Burning Matches : 03-05-2011 at 16:17.
Burning Matches is offline Reply With Quote
04-05-2011, 16:13   #2
MCorn

Originally Posted by Burning Matches View Post
I participate in endurace mountain bike races where I occasionally switch bikes during the race. Is it possible to use two different speed sensors during one event and easily switch between the two on the headunit? If I had both bikes set up with a handlebar mount and speed sensor, I could just remove the headunit from the one bike and hop on the other.

I know that I can have multiple bikes set up in the unit, but I don't want to have to end the session and start from zero when I switch bikes during the event. Is there a way to use the "Seek Sensor" function while the session is still active to use a second speed sensor?
This sounds like a lot of hassle during a competitive event. Why don't you try it to see if it works?

I think an easier way is to set up separate bikes and then merge the data files after the event is over using the training software.
MCorn is offline Reply With Quote
10-05-2011, 17:41   #3
Burning Matches

Originally Posted by MCorn View Post
I think an easier way is to set up separate bikes and then merge the data files after the event is over using the training software.
Thanks - I didn't know that was even possible. In fact I think that may be the only way to make this work, since my bikes have different wheel sizes (one is 26" and the other 29") so switching only the sensor wouldn't really work - would have to also adjust the wheel size.

The ideal scenario would be to have the ability to change which bike is active on the headunit within a single exercise session. That way I can keep the distance, time, lap count and other data going during the race. But since that is not possible, I think ending the session and starting a new one on the other bike will be my only option.

Last edited by Burning Matches : 10-05-2011 at 17:43.
Burning Matches is offline Reply With Quote