Polar Discussion Forum will not be available after 31 May, 2018. Learn more.

09-07-2010, 10:48   #1
MizB

Pause mode on my cyclometer
I have been using my meter for about 4 months. Recently it started to go on and off pause mode while I'm riding. I have checked the speed sensor, the battery for the meter and they are okay. I was wondering if there is a problem with the computer. Have anyone else encountered this problem?
MizB is offline Reply With Quote
09-07-2010, 14:57   #2
Franck74

Originally Posted by MizB View Post
I have been using my meter for about 4 months. Recently it started to go on and off pause mode while I'm riding. I have checked the speed sensor, the battery for the meter and they are okay. I was wondering if there is a problem with the computer. Have anyone else encountered this problem?
Hello, I also encountered this 2 times (I use my CS100 since a week), in 2 rides, and I am wondering if is has to do with electromagnetic perturbation... I must check if it occurs in the same area (will be more difficult to see if it is related with certain cars or lorries in the traffic...).
Franck74 is offline Reply With Quote
09-07-2010, 17:43   #3
MizB

I have been riding in different areas and I still have the pause going ON and OFF. When I went riding yesterday, I know I did about 20 miles but only 12 miles was recorded on the meter.
MizB is offline Reply With Quote
13-07-2010, 19:56   #4
orcmorrie

Originally Posted by MizB View Post
I have the same problem. I have the meter since may 2009. Last year i had no problems. The problems started this season. They occur randomly. My heartmeter is functioning correctly when the computer goes on pause. i think the problem is the cyclometer, not the computer.
Does Polar have an answer to this problem?
orcmorrie is offline Reply With Quote
14-07-2010, 07:11   #5
Main User

Please check this thread:
http://forum.polar.fi/showthread.php?t=2133
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
24-09-2011, 08:25   #6
Ocean4011

Pause problem
Originally Posted by orcmorrie View Post
I have the same problem. I have the meter since may 2009. Last year i had no problems. The problems started this season. They occur randomly. My heartmeter is functioning correctly when the computer goes on pause. i think the problem is the cyclometer, not the computer.
Does Polar have an answer to this problem?
I have a cs100 bought earlier in 2011 and have the same problem. I will be riding along at 25 km or faster and the device beeps and pauses and after a while in beeps again and unpauses. I have reset the device and set it up again but it keeps pausing. The device is useless because it doesn't record a whole ride. Is there some way of fixing this?
Ocean4011 is offline Reply With Quote
29-09-2011, 12:29   #7
ScottieDog

Originally Posted by moderator View Post
This thread supplied by the Moderator states that the speedo does not work below 7km/h. This is ridiculous and actually contradicts what the statistics quote for the dsiplay range, the display range is quoted as 0 - 127km/h, Moderator has just confirmed this is wrong and the range is actually 7 - 127km/h.

So what happens to all the KM I do below 7km/h because they are steep climbs and I literally can´t go any faster. This makes the unit totally inaccurate for any use at all. I am hoping that in 2011 there is some fix for this, because it is completely ridiculous ! In the 1970´s I had a speedo/odometer on my bike that worked perfectly, and yet 40 years later with all this "technology" accuracy is a thing of the past.

So basically, this is a HRM and that is it. Speed, forget it, distance travelled, forget it - I could actually forgive it if the speed alone werent registered under 7km/h because I do not actually care about this, but the fact that it fails to register distance under 7km/h is just plain ridiculous - I may do 3km of under 7km/h climbs in a 10KM ride, so my ride distance would read as 7KM not 10KM - What use is this to anyone ?

I wait POLARs reply, as I am sure many others do !
ScottieDog is offline Reply With Quote
05-10-2011, 19:38   #8
ScottieDog

OK, so I have news on this, I have been playing around with the installation of the speed sensor... I had it on the right hand side of the bike as Polar Instructions dictate, but it was a few inchs down the fork - I have moved it to the highest position it can be, with the "magnet" literally touching where you put the spoke keys on, as high up the spoke as it will go, I centered the speed sensor on the magnet, re-tightened.

It now is performing much much better. Recording speeds down to 2km/h which is very acceptable. The 7km/h that the Polar Guy said seemed very unreasonable and has now been proven wrong, thankfully.

I have to say, it is working perfectly for me now, yet to go on a long ride with it with these new installation settings, but.... we´ll see.

On another note, Polar.fi replied to my e-mails today, this is what they said....

""Note! The minimum speed should be 1,8 km per hour before the autostart will pause the exercise"".

1.8km/h is much more satisfactory !

They also said......

""Polar Discussion Forum is for all Polar product users and anyone interested in Polar products and in sharing their training stories. Polar monitors but does not formally provide technical support at the forum.""

IMO they should give product support via the Forum. Doesn´t take much effort, much smaller companies do without problem - This is the digital age, who wants to sit on the phone ?

Hope my issue is sorted. Hope anyone with the same problem checks their installation, whilst it was always "communicating" back to the main computer, it seems that slight difference in distance can make a very big deal indeed.

Cheers
16-06-2012, 15:18   #9
Bartek18

I have the same trouble with speed on my SC 200, I receive new speed sensor from service point in Poland and its still dont work good and when I drive less than about 7 km/H computer '' get paused''. The distance between sensor and computer is 40cm.

When I put the computer closer as I can( I keep it in my hand near the speed sensor )its works better but the minimum speed I reach was about 2 km/h then its get paused.

What I can do, because I'm very disipointed of this product.

Waiting for help because in my seivisce i will not find the unsfer!!
Bartek18 is offline Reply With Quote
17-06-2012, 07:13   #10
ScottieDog

This is how it should be!

Originally Posted by Bartek18 View Post

When I put the computer closer as I can( I keep it in my hand near the speed sensor )its works better but the minimum speed I reach was about 2 km/h then its get paused.
Slower than 2km/h and you should be walking alongside the bike .