Dear Polar forum users,

On 15th December we'll be closing this discussion forum. But not to worry, our dialog with you can continue on our Facebook wall. There you can hear the latest news, learn about events and campaigns, and share your thoughts with Polar community. If you need assistance on your Polar product, please contact Polar customer care.

Thank you for being active here. You’re the best! We hope to see you on Facebook!

29-08-2008, 19:42   #1
spaceball

CS200cad dead after batt change
My CS200cad was telling me it was time to change the battery so I went and got a replacement CR 2032. I simply removed the back cover, and replaced it. The new battery is facing the right way, the o-ring is seated properly, nothing is out of place. I even tested the battery with a digital volt meter to make sure it was good (3.1 V).

The display is obviously completely blank. But the worst part is when I put the old battery back in, it was still blank. This leads me to think I will have to buy and new unit.

Anyone have something similar happen or have suggestions on what to try next?
spaceball is offline Reply With Quote
11-09-2008, 12:15   #2
stancummins

same happened to me a while back, ended up ringing polar uk and sending unit to them they replaced battery and it came back fine. all done within a few days and cost under a tenner.
stancummins is offline Reply With Quote
11-09-2008, 23:54   #3
Obelisko

It happened to me too!
Well, it happened the same with my CS200 cad. But it happened in the store of the distributor here in Portugal. Of course that they gave me one new unit. It was on warranty.
Obelisko is offline Reply With Quote
12-09-2008, 00:31   #4
MCorn

Originally Posted by spaceball View Post
My CS200cad was telling me it was time to change the battery so I went and got a replacement CR 2032. I simply removed the back cover, and replaced it. The new battery is facing the right way, the o-ring is seated properly, nothing is out of place. I even tested the battery with a digital volt meter to make sure it was good (3.1 V).

The display is obviously completely blank. But the worst part is when I put the old battery back in, it was still blank. This leads me to think I will have to buy and new unit.

I have not replaced a battery on a Polar, but many watches and similar devices also have a reset button on the inside that needs to be pressed before closing the case in order to clear the unit and get things working again. Unfortunately, the Polar manuals do not provide the specifics on the location and procedure for resetting. It usually involves pressing or releasing a set of electrical contacts by inserting a probe through a very small hole.
MCorn is offline Reply With Quote
09-03-2009, 14:10   #5
redbeard

Originally Posted by spaceball View Post

I had this problem. There are 2 possible reasons:

1. The side prong is out of place. I'm going to post a topic on this, because it is causing my unit to reset while riding. You want to adjust the prong back from the battery, then turn the little tips back towards the battery.

2. The little gasket is out of place on the battery holder. This little rubber o-ring is tough to get into the groove on the edges. If the battery holder was very tough to get back into place, and to turn to the close position, this is the problem.
redbeard is offline Reply With Quote
01-01-2010, 02:28   #6
anon.2244

Thanks, Redbeard. I followed both suggestions and now have a working bike computer again
anon.2244 is offline Reply With Quote
03-01-2010, 20:44   #7
Anonymous262118

Originally Posted by MCorn View Post
I have not replaced a battery on a Polar, but many watches and similar devices also have a reset button on the inside that needs to be pressed before closing the case in order to clear the unit and get things working again. Unfortunately, the Polar manuals do not provide the specifics on the location and procedure for resetting. It usually involves pressing or releasing a set of electrical contacts by inserting a probe through a very small hole.

I see the reset hole(right above the battery) but what does the reset have to with battery life?
TIA.
I guess I can only waste another $3 battery.
Anonymous262118 is offline Reply With Quote