We announced earlier that this forum would close 15th December, 2014. However, we have received many requests to continue discussion forum and decided that Polar discussion forum will stay open until further notice - until we have something better to offer you guys.

Please note that this is a Polar user forum, and that:

1. The forum is meant for peer support of Polar products and for Polar users sharing their good practices and tips for training.
  2. The forum rules, since 2008, state that Polar will not provide technical assistance at this forum. So, to be able to best serve you we encourage you to contact Polar customer care directly with your issue, bug report, or any other feedback. Through direct contact we can provide you a personalized technical guidance and most efficiently share you feedback with Polar product development.
  3. Polar moderation at this forum means e.g. removing of inappropriate posts, banning spammers, and correcting OR removing of erroneous information about Polar products when encountered.

Thanks for observing the above! Be helpful, be considerate, inspire others to get to their goals, and enjoy sharing with the community!

- Polar Team-
(we do listen)

03-03-2009, 01:12   #1
wwwc9

No power or cadence but get the lights
Hi,

Any input or insight would be appreciated. I tried everything from changing batteries, replugging all the wires and still no cadence or power.

The CS600 detects the power unit (i did teach for power again and it said ok) and when I turn the crank, the wind unit displays the green light and red light. Unfortunately, when I spin on the trainer, it doesn't read either . Last time it read was this weekend and on a high cadence around 95 +, and then it didn't read. Again, any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.
wwwc9 is offline Reply With Quote
04-03-2009, 14:06   #2
MCorn

The teaching and select bike functions are separate and in different parts of the menu. Even though you have taught the computer to recognize the sensor, you have to be sure you are selecting the bike associated with that sensor when you ride. The best thing to do is spend at least an hour reading the manual very carefully.
MCorn is offline Reply With Quote
10-04-2009, 19:20   #3
Anonymous1188189

Originally Posted by wwwc9 View Post
Hi,

Any input or insight would be appreciated. I tried everything from changing batteries, replugging all the wires and still no cadence or power.

The CS600 detects the power unit (i did teach for power again and it said ok) and when I turn the crank, the wind unit displays the green light and red light. Unfortunately, when I spin on the trainer, it doesn't read either . Last time it read was this weekend and on a high cadence around 95 +, and then it didn't read. Again, any insights or suggestions would be appreciated.
I have the same problem! If you find a solution, I'd gladly hear how you dit!
Anonymous1188189 is offline Reply With Quote
10-04-2009, 20:44   #4
Anonymous1188189

is it normal to get only ONE RED LIGHT ? but multiple green lights?

Can someone confirm that ?
13-04-2009, 10:16   #5
Parnass

Cs600
Originally Posted by Anonymous1188189 View Post
I have the same problem! If you find a solution, I'd gladly hear how you dit!
After teaching, you have to make sure that you selected the right bike AND that bike has the right settings ON (ie POWER, CADENCE) selected. This is done either from the software OR the unit itself.

Once you have done all these, and you want to start a training session. After pressing START and you see the heart rate reading, by pressing the right bottom button for a while, you see 1,2,3 successively for the BIKE you are using. Make sure you select the correct bike ! After that you start riding and everything should be OK !
Parnass is offline Reply With Quote
13-04-2009, 11:42   #6
Anonymous1188189

Originally Posted by dnservis@otenet.gr View Post
After teaching, you have to make sure that you selected the right bike AND that bike has the right settings ON (ie POWER, CADENCE) selected. This is done either from the software OR the unit itself.

Once you have done all these, and you want to start a training session. After pressing START and you see the heart rate reading, by pressing the right bottom button for a while, you see 1,2,3 successively for the BIKE you are using. Make sure you select the correct bike ! After that you start riding and everything should be OK !
Thank you for your answer but believe me, I've checked everything about the settings and they're fine. I've tried replacing batteries of the unit, of the sensor, Unmounting/Mounting, Replacing wires,... None of this has worked. I think I have a problem with the power unit.
I'd like to know if the RED LED FLASHES ONCE or MORE THAN ONCE when you turn the crank. Nobody can answer me about this and I don't understand why because it's a simple question ... I've posted in multiple forums and every time I receive an answer, it's about wrong settings. No it's not. The unit is set correcly
Now can somebody please turn the crank on his bike, look at his power sensor and tell me if the red led flashes once or more than once that would be very very very helpfull for me.

On my unit, I have ONE and ONLY ONE red flash but multiple Green flash. I know green = cadence, red = chainspeed.

Thank you a lot
13-04-2009, 14:11   #7
Parnass

Lights on CS Power!
OK! I got it! This evening when I am home, I am going to check and send you a right answer ! My unit works fine (I hope it continues doing so...You never know these days...)
13-04-2009, 17:58   #8
Parnass

Correct light ON !
Originally Posted by Anonymous1188189 View Post
Thank you for your answer but believe me, I've checked everything about the settings and they're fine. I've tried replacing batteries of the unit, of the sensor, Unmounting/Mounting, Replacing wires,... None of this has worked. I think I have a problem with the power unit.
I'd like to know if the RED LED FLASHES ONCE or MORE THAN ONCE when you turn the crank. Nobody can answer me about this and I don't understand why because it's a simple question ... I've posted in multiple forums and every time I receive an answer, it's about wrong settings. No it's not. The unit is set correcly
Now can somebody please turn the crank on his bike, look at his power sensor and tell me if the red led flashes once or more than once that would be very very very helpfull for me.

On my unit, I have ONE and ONLY ONE red flash but multiple Green flash. I know green = cadence, red = chainspeed.

Thank you a lot
So, the light sequence is: RED-RED-GREEN when turning cranks the normal way forward. I hope that helps.
14-04-2009, 08:04   #9
Anonymous1188189

Thank you for your answer and the time taken to look at your unit

Do you have the WIND power sensor or the one compatible with watches s710, ... ?
Because on mine (WIND sensor), It's red green green green green and so on.

For you, is it red red green red red green and so on ?
21-04-2009, 15:17   #10
Parnass

CS600 Power continue...
I am talking for the WIND of course (CS600). I do not think the sequence matters; it is cyclical anyway.

You said in the beginning that you are using the unit on the trainer. That assumes that you have not tested on the road ? It may be that you need to switch off SPEED, as in the trainer the speed sensor on the front does not operate. Am I right ? Also make sure that you have fresh batteries. Do not count on the pwer meter on the PC !!