02-12-2013, 23:35   #1
Anonymous2543538

Loop and Swimming
How is the Loop tracking my swims? I'm doing about 50 laps and now with the Loop I still have to post on two other apps to track. Is the loop just tracking movement?
Anonymous2543538 is offline Reply With Quote
03-12-2013, 06:18   #2
Main User

Originally Posted by Anonymous2543538 View Post
How is the Loop tracking my swims? I'm doing about 50 laps and now with the Loop I still have to post on two other apps to track. Is the loop just tracking movement?
For regular swimmers Loop usually tracks swimming activity well. If you are an elite swimmer, have honed your technique to perfection, Loop will underestimate the activity because it cannot consider the technique and strength used in your strokes. //kate
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
03-12-2013, 17:54   #3
alessusnik

I can confirm this.

Aleš

Originally Posted by moderator View Post
For regular swimmers Loop usually tracks swimming activity well. If you are an elite swimmer, have honed your technique to perfection, Loop will underestimate the activity because it cannot consider the technique and strength used in your strokes. //kate

Training Gear:
• RCX5 with G5 GPS, Speed sensor and Cadence sensor

Sports:
• Running
• Cycling
• Swimming
• Hiking (Vivobarefoot Offroad Hi Trail)
• Crossfit

Running, hiking and crossfit is always combined with my 2 dogs:
• Golden Retriever
• White Swiss Shepard
alessusnik is offline Reply With Quote
08-02-2014, 21:35   #4
Y_English

Polar Loop quit working in the pool
I recently purchased the Polar Loop with the H7 HR Monitor. I was excited to purchase this product so I could track my water exercises. I had trouble registering the H7 to the Loop, but eventually got them to communicate. However about a half hour into my session, the Loop quit working. I was not able to see any activity. After my workout I removed the Loop and tried to charge with the Flow. My computer does not recognize the Loop although I have connected in the past without a problem. Did the Loop get damaged in the water possibly?
Y_English is offline Reply With Quote
14-02-2014, 11:50   #5
alessusnik

Does the Loop display turn on at all?
Have you tried resetting it?

Pool water, at least in my case, eats the battery in 1 day.
Has something to do with the sensor being really sensitive to the water drops.

A.

Originally Posted by Y_English View Post
I recently purchased the Polar Loop with the H7 HR Monitor. I was excited to purchase this product so I could track my water exercises. I had trouble registering the H7 to the Loop, but eventually got them to communicate. However about a half hour into my session, the Loop quit working. I was not able to see any activity. After my workout I removed the Loop and tried to charge with the Flow. My computer does not recognize the Loop although I have connected in the past without a problem. Did the Loop get damaged in the water possibly?

Training Gear:
• RCX5 with G5 GPS, Speed sensor and Cadence sensor

Sports:
• Running
• Cycling
• Swimming
• Hiking (Vivobarefoot Offroad Hi Trail)
• Crossfit

Running, hiking and crossfit is always combined with my 2 dogs:
• Golden Retriever
• White Swiss Shepard
alessusnik is offline Reply With Quote
14-02-2014, 12:26   #6
Amphkingwest

Originally Posted by Y_English View Post
Bluetooth does not transmit through water so you will never get HR data when swimming with the Loop.

The Loop is water resistant so that shouldn't be a problem.

Have you tried restarting the Polar daemon on your computer? Sometimes this can stall which causes the computer to hang up and not recognise the connection to the Poalr products.

Blog - amphkingwest.com
Twitter - Amphkingwest

Future Setup (2014):
Having a rethink

Current Setup:
Look KEO Power Pedals
RCX5 HRM with G5 and s3+
CS600x Speed & Cadence
H7 / Android App on Samsung Galaxy S4

Previous Units (still used as watches)
RS800x G3 S1, RS200 SD, CS300, S720i, S625i all with HRM and various attachments over the years
Amphkingwest is offline Reply With Quote