06-11-2013, 16:10   #1
leajbsae

Battery was dead after 30 hours?
I fully charged my my loop and the battery was dead 30 hours later. It says it should last five days. I did use a heart rate monitor for a 30 min workout during that time period. Why did the battery die so quickly?
leajbsae is offline Reply With Quote
06-11-2013, 17:09   #2
Damon Ross

Originally Posted by leajbsae View Post
I fully charged my my loop and the battery was dead 30 hours later. It says it should last five days. I did use a heart rate monitor for a 30 min workout during that time period. Why did the battery die so quickly?
I have experienced the battery life to be no more than 2 days and I use the H7 with an FT80 for a 1-2hr training session.
Damon Ross is offline Reply With Quote
07-11-2013, 12:45   #3
Damon Ross

Battery Life
Originally Posted by Damon Ross View Post
I have experienced the battery life to be no more than 2 days and I use the H7 with an FT80 for a 1-2hr training session.
This device is not lasting 5 days with the use of the Polar H7.

3 Total Training Sessions for the day, 2 Strength Training (1HR 28MIN 44SEC w/H7) and 1 Run w/ Core (35MINS 34SEC w/H7). I used the H7 each time and at 2314hrs, my Polar Loop just gave me a low battery warning; showing 20%.
02-12-2013, 18:50   #4
Robin_Arizona

Battery life less than advertised
In all other respects, my Loop is operating as expected and I'm overall very happy with it.

My Loop's battery lasts anywhere from 36 to 48 hours, and then I get the "Battery Low" message. And that's without pairing it to a heartrate chest strap.

In the User Manual (yes, I've read it all!) is this statement:
"When fully charged, Polar Loop can hold its charge up to six days, depending on the usage."

So, do I have a defective battery? The short battery life is not a major issue for me but I wonder if there is something wrong with the battery in my Loop? On the positive side, it does charge quickly (from 10% to 100% in about one hour).

I'd like a response from Polar on the 36 - 48 hour battery life. Thanks.

Last edited by Robin_Arizona : 02-12-2013 at 18:52. Reason: Clarification
Robin_Arizona is offline Reply With Quote
03-12-2013, 06:23   #5
ppresing

I've got my Loop constantly in 'Airplane Mode', it definitely increases battery life. Hold button for app. 12 sec when time of the day is displayed to get into this mode...and sync via BT once or twice/day. In this mode Loop will not search for BT connection and sync when you scrolling display modes. It's only my experience...and I'm not using H6 strap...This way I've reached app 4+ days of use, with an average 'playing' with display.
ppresing is offline Reply With Quote
03-12-2013, 17:53   #6
alessusnik

In this case, we all have defective batteries :-)

One thing I noticed is, if I disable BT on the iPad, the battery lasts longer, since it doesn't sync.

A.

Originally Posted by Robin_Arizona View Post
In all other respects, my Loop is operating as expected and I'm overall very happy with it.

My Loop's battery lasts anywhere from 36 to 48 hours, and then I get the "Battery Low" message. And that's without pairing it to a heartrate chest strap.

In the User Manual (yes, I've read it all!) is this statement:
"When fully charged, Polar Loop can hold its charge up to six days, depending on the usage."

So, do I have a defective battery? The short battery life is not a major issue for me but I wonder if there is something wrong with the battery in my Loop? On the positive side, it does charge quickly (from 10% to 100% in about one hour).

I'd like a response from Polar on the 36 - 48 hour battery life. Thanks.

Training Gear:
RCX5 with G5 GPS, Speed sensor and Cadence sensor

Sports:
Running
Cycling
Swimming
Hiking (Vivobarefoot Offroad Hi Trail)
Crossfit

Running, hiking and crossfit is always combined with my 2 dogs:
Golden Retriever
White Swiss Shepard
alessusnik is offline Reply With Quote