20-10-2013, 20:00   #1
BradN

Wrist band question
Hi,
I am currently using a Fitbit Flex, but am clamoring to snag a Loop as soon as they are available. My big concern is that the wrist band on the flex is replaceable. It doesn't appear that the Loop is. So if I damage the wrist band, are there any options other than to replace the entire unit?

Thanks,
Brad
BradN is offline Reply With Quote
21-10-2013, 10:23   #2
Main User

Originally Posted by BradN View Post
Hi,
I am currently using a Fitbit Flex, but am clamoring to snag a Loop as soon as they are available. My big concern is that the wrist band on the flex is replaceable. It doesn't appear that the Loop is. So if I damage the wrist band, are there any options other than to replace the entire unit?

Thanks,
Brad
Hi Brad,
The strap and the display are all one unit, only the buckle is removable with pins as the strap needs to be shortened to each person's wrist size before you start wearing the Loop. The product has 2 year warranty should anything happen to the strap. //kate
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
21-10-2013, 13:56   #3
BradN

Thanks, Kate. I am really looking forward to trying it out.
21-10-2013, 15:43   #4
BradN

Also, is there an owners manual available online yet?

And what kind of feedback do you get from the sleep monitoring? Sleep, awake, restless. etc?

Thanks,
Brad
22-10-2013, 08:19   #5
Main User

We're working on to get the manuals online very soon.
For sleep you don't have to activate any sleep mode. Based on your wrist movements Polar Loop estimates when you are sleeping. Sleep time is calculated from the longest continuous rest time of the 24 hours from 18:00/6pm to 18:00/6pm. You can then view your sleep times in the Polar Flow web service or in the Polar Flow mobile app. The support will be available at http://www.polar.com/en/support/loop once we get it online //kate
22-10-2013, 09:46   #6
minaka

Kate, could you please let us know what is the width of the Polar Loop wrist band? I am now deciding between Fitbit Force (which is 19.2 mm in width) and Polar Loop.

In addition, as regards the sleep monitoring, I assume that Polar Loop will let you know only the total time of your sleep but will not be able to provide detailed sleep pattern (e.g. minutes of deep and restless sleep etc.). Please confirm.

Thank you
minaka is offline Reply With Quote
22-10-2013, 11:44   #7
Main User

Originally Posted by minaka View Post
Kate, could you please let us know what is the width of the Polar Loop wrist band? I am now deciding between Fitbit Force (which is 19.2 mm in width) and Polar Loop.

In addition, as regards the sleep monitoring, I assume that Polar Loop will let you know only the total time of your sleep but will not be able to provide detailed sleep pattern (e.g. minutes of deep and restless sleep etc.). Please confirm.

Thank you
Hi,
No sleep pattern (light, deep sleep, REM, etc..). There are a couple of apps for iPhone I know of that say they do this. Free ones too. We've included the sleep time as it's part of your day but the focus is more on tracking your active time. The wrist band is about 17-18mm (measured it myself as I couldn't find the stats) at the buckle and about 19mm toward the display.

//kate
22-10-2013, 14:30   #8
BradN

Thanks, Kate. But does the sleep monitoring indicate sleep, awake, restless, etc?

Thanks,
Brad

Originally Posted by moderator View Post
We're working on to get the manuals online very soon.
For sleep you don't have to activate any sleep mode. Based on your wrist movements Polar Loop estimates when you are sleeping. Sleep time is calculated from the longest continuous rest time of the 24 hours from 18:00/6pm to 18:00/6pm. You can then view your sleep times in the Polar Flow web service or in the Polar Flow mobile app. The support will be available at http://www.polar.com/en/support/loop once we get it online //kate
22-10-2013, 14:31   #9
BradN

Sorry, didn't see you had already answered that below...

Never mind...

Originally Posted by BradN View Post
Thanks, Kate. But does the sleep monitoring indicate sleep, awake, restless, etc?

Thanks,
Brad