We announced earlier that this forum would close 15th December, 2014. However, we have received many requests to continue discussion forum and decided that Polar discussion forum will stay open until further notice - until we have something better to offer you guys.

Please note that this is a Polar user forum, and that:

1. The forum is meant for peer support of Polar products and for Polar users sharing their good practices and tips for training.
  2. The forum rules, since 2008, state that Polar will not provide technical assistance at this forum. So, to be able to best serve you we encourage you to contact Polar customer care directly with your issue, bug report, or any other feedback. Through direct contact we can provide you a personalized technical guidance and most efficiently share you feedback with Polar product development.
  3. Polar moderation at this forum means e.g. removing of inappropriate posts, banning spammers, and correcting OR removing of erroneous information about Polar products when encountered.

Thanks for observing the above! Be helpful, be considerate, inspire others to get to their goals, and enjoy sharing with the community!

- Polar Team-
(we do listen)

09-11-2012, 23:05   #1
BodoSt

Stuff I'd like to see in next version of Polar Beat
Hi,

It would be really nice to be able to edit the sessions, like indoors running on treadmill, it would be great to be able to insert the distance in the app afterwards. It is possible to do it in ppt, but it won't synchronize back to polar beat.

//Bodo
BodoSt is offline Reply With Quote
18-11-2012, 07:52   #2
Jayke71

Requests for inclusions in next version
Maybe there should be one place to put requests?

I would like to see elevation included in the data. Cyclists, hikers and walkers use this data regularly.

So far I am liking the app and am using it over others but I do a lot of hill climbs and need elevation data, so maybe back to runkeeper for me or maybe use both, not sure yet.

Moderator notes:
Made this thread a sticky.

Last edited by moderator : 19-11-2012 at 08:38.
Jayke71 is offline Reply With Quote
18-11-2012, 18:21   #3
MusicLaw

Went Bowling with the kids the other night. Some of them looked like they were tossing medicine balls down the alley!

Bowling should be in the list of selectable sports.

Polar Beat should offer user entry of a Sport description.

Moderator notes:

Training Gear:
RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5 on MARIN® Alpine29er
RCX5, RC3 GPS, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
FLOW & BEAT, GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®
SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
PERFECT® FITNESS MultiGym & PushupV2
LUMINA 650 & MARS3 Lights
K2® BOA MACH100 Skates
HARBINGER® 1260 Gloves
CAMELBAK® Packs
ERGON® GP5 Grips
• RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti

Last edited by moderator : 03-12-2012 at 11:28.
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
21-11-2012, 17:13   #4
yuephoria

Sport Zone
There was a separate thread about this, but it would be nice if Polar Beat allowed Sport Zone entries (% in Fitness or Fat Burn zone) in each workout session.

Moderator notes:
If you have the H7 heart rate sensor, you can make an in-app purchase to get the EnergyPointer feature.

Last edited by moderator : 03-12-2012 at 11:31.
yuephoria is offline Reply With Quote
28-11-2012, 05:56   #5
Roads

More Polar Beat Features
I have used my iPhone as my main training computer for a few years now (before that I had a couple of great Polar watches). I mainly Cycle so have been using Cyclemeter. A few suggestions for Polar Beat.

1. I need some way to tell whether I am overtraining in the app so that I can tell when to go into recovery mode.
2. Where are OwnIndex, etc?? Aren't these big Polar tech benefits?
3. Add linkage to training websites like Daily Mile and even Runkeeper.
4. Make sure you integrate with the Pebble Watch and Wahoo RFLKT when they come out - or better yet make Polar versions but you better be quick.

I really like the way the app coaches you on intensity level based on your HR data. Other apps tend to provide speed coaching without any reference to your actual heart rate. I also think you have a huge advantage in your historical knowledge/R&D on cardio training - add more of it quickly and figure out how to charge for it.

Moderator notes:
Thanks for your feedback. I've passed it on.

1) Training Load calculation currently available in ppt.com.

2) New features will be added to Beat in due time. The Smart Coaching features now available are listed here.

3) Even though this is not out of the question in the future, Beat is first and foremost developed to fit seamlessly within Polar services and this is where we want to concentrate our attention to for the moment.

4) Beat is part of the Polar product family and uses BT smart and its HR protocol. If 3rd party devices use the standard for heart rate measuring as defined by Bluetooth SIG you should be able to use Beat with them.

//kate

Last edited by moderator : 03-12-2012 at 11:43.
Roads is offline Reply With Quote
27-12-2012, 13:15   #6
ean007

Stuff for new version of Polar Beat app
I would like to see
- With goals it would be nice to be able to have more feedback on % of time or calories etc has passed and how long to go. Especially audio feedback. To motivate myself to finish. This could be a preference. Currently it tells me when I am half way through.
- Ability to dim screen when training and have it light up and switch off with a touch. This would be a preference of course

I ditto all the other suggestions.
ean007 is offline Reply With Quote
30-12-2012, 17:32   #7
minaka

Perhaps I am in a wrong thread as I am not using my iphone as a training computer (I have the great Polar FT80). However, it would be nice if the iphone application could summarise the polarpersonaltrainer.com website in an iphone friendly appearance, so that I can review data about my past trainings recorded on the watch.

Last edited by minaka : 03-01-2013 at 10:06.
minaka is offline Reply With Quote
15-01-2013, 19:01   #8
mattvandyk

Originally Posted by BodoSt View Post
Hi,

It would be really nice to be able to edit the sessions, like indoors running on treadmill, it would be great to be able to insert the distance in the app afterwards. It is possible to do it in ppt, but it won't synchronize back to polar beat.

//Bodo
Agreed.

Also, I have gone through the trouble of determining my actual MaxHR, RestingHR, and V02max. I have manually entered these in PPT (as it's not possible to do in the PolarBeat App).

It would be nice if PolarBeat would sync with PPT and base its calculations on the information I've manually entered into PPT. This does not appear to be happening; rather, what is happening is that every time I use PolarBeat, it uploads to PPT the MaxHR, RestingHR, and VO2max figures calculated by PolarBeat, and overwrites my manually-entered data. This is backwards. If a user manually enters data on PPT, that manually-entered data should control and (a) should not be overwritten by PolarBeat, and (b) should be used by PolarBeat in calculating training zones, caloric burn, etc.

--Matt

Last edited by mattvandyk : 15-01-2013 at 19:03.
mattvandyk is offline Reply With Quote
04-02-2013, 17:12   #9
DoctorDrakken

+1 for Elevation Data in the app
As a mountainbiker this is an essential piece of Information ...
DoctorDrakken is offline Reply With Quote
25-02-2013, 00:35   #10
KingTut125

Polar Beat shows heart rate & max heart rate. It would be great to toggle from rate to % of max.
KingTut125 is offline Reply With Quote