07-09-2012, 20:37   #1
hutto1

Heart rate monitor
Over the past three days I have had problems with the Heart rate picking up correctly on the watch/monitor. There are times it will be working fine then suddenly go to a HR of 00 or it will say the HR is 232. Or when I first put it on it will say HR of 00. I have not changed anything about the way I use it so I don't know why it is suddenly giving me a problem.
hutto1 is offline Reply With Quote
08-09-2012, 06:07   #2
testera5091

Originally Posted by hutto1 View Post
Over the past three days I have had problems with the Heart rate picking up correctly on the watch/monitor. There are times it will be working fine then suddenly go to a HR of 00 or it will say the HR is 232. Or when I first put it on it will say HR of 00. I have not changed anything about the way I use it so I don't know why it is suddenly giving me a problem.
Wash the strap with liquid detergent and rinse it thorougly. Usually this helps.

For details search this forum. This issue have been discussed several times.
testera5091 is offline Reply With Quote
07-10-2012, 17:53   #3
hutto1

Monitor not working
I changed my battery and this helped but I am still have a lot of issues getting my monitor to pick up my heart rate when I first put it on. This is a change from when I first bought it. I wash it after every use with warm water and soap.

I first noticed this was an issue after I laid my iphone on my chest for a minute while I was wearing it. It has not worked well since. Could something have gotten screwed up from that?
07-10-2012, 20:19   #4
MusicLaw

Originally Posted by hutto1 View Post
I changed my battery and this helped but I am still have a lot of issues getting my monitor to pick up my heart rate when I first put it on. This is a change from when I first bought it. I wash it after every use with warm water and soap.

I first noticed this was an issue after I laid my iphone on my chest for a minute while I was wearing it. It has not worked well since. Could something have gotten screwed up from that?
If you have been using ordinary hand liquid or bar soap, this will leave an ever increasing residue build up on the delicate sensor strip fibers in the WearLink Chest Strap.

Try thoroughly laundering your chest strap in a washing machine with liquid laundry detergent, then hang dry. After you have washed it, also check the two small snaps on both the strap and the transmitter module to assure that they have not become clogged or corroded.

If you have not already done so, change the other battery as well. If you have a DC Voltmeter, test the CR2025 battery to confirm that it is full and fresh. A full fresh, CR2025 battery should test, at or above 3.25VDC.

Training Gear:
RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5 on MARIN® Alpine29er
RCX5, RC3 GPS, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
FLOW & BEAT, GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®
SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
PERFECT® FITNESS MultiGym & PushupV2
LUMINA 650 & MARS3 Lights
K2® BOA MACH100 Skates
HARBINGER® 1260 Gloves
CAMELBAK® Packs
ERGON® GP5 Grips
• RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
09-10-2012, 00:19   #5
hutto1

Music Law-

Thanks. What is the other battery you are talking about? I recently just got a new watch from the repair place as they lost the one I sent in and I just changed the battery on the back of the snap of portion of the transmitter.
09-10-2012, 17:34   #6
MusicLaw

The chest transmitter module and the FT60 each use the same size and type of battery.

Training Gear:
RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5 on MARIN® Alpine29er
RCX5, RC3 GPS, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
FLOW & BEAT, GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®
SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
PERFECT® FITNESS MultiGym & PushupV2
LUMINA 650 & MARS3 Lights
K2® BOA MACH100 Skates
HARBINGER® 1260 Gloves
CAMELBAK® Packs
ERGON® GP5 Grips