26-08-2012, 16:47   #1
Arold63

FT80 reset automatically after battery change
After changing battery of the FT80 it start reset every time I touch the illumination botton. Does any one know what should I do software wise to get the FT80 working how it supposes to.
Arold63 is offline Reply With Quote
27-08-2012, 12:45   #2
Main User

Originally Posted by Arold63 View Post
After changing battery of the FT80 it start reset every time I touch the illumination botton. Does any one know what should I do software wise to get the FT80 working how it supposes to.
Hi. This doesn't sound normal at all. Best to be in contact with your local service to have them check (and repair) the product for you so that you can get back to training.

//kate
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
30-08-2012, 20:33   #3
George1567

Originally Posted by moderator View Post
Hi. This doesn't sound normal at all. Best to be in contact with your local service to have them check (and repair) the product for you so that you can get back to training.

//kate
My FT80 showed low battery two days ago, changed the battery today and it is doing exactly what the original poster said that theirs is doing. This looks to be more of a product issue and not just something random.

I use my HRM daily, and having it down is a big distraction
George1567 is offline Reply With Quote
31-08-2012, 09:01   #4
Yoelpaco

Originally Posted by George1567 View Post
My FT80 showed low battery two days ago, changed the battery today and it is doing exactly what the original poster said that theirs is doing. This looks to be more of a product issue and not just something random.

I use my HRM daily, and having it down is a big distraction
I have the same problem... in fact the batteries discharged very quickly too
Yoelpaco is offline Reply With Quote
31-08-2012, 09:23   #5
Main User

Originally Posted by Yoelpaco View Post
I have the same problem... in fact the batteries discharged very quickly too
Local service will look into it for you. Check out the link in my earlier post in this thread. //kate
05-09-2012, 05:43   #6
jetdfa

Originally Posted by moderator View Post

//kate
I am having the same issue. This is my second FT80, returned first last year due to issues registering heart rate. The second has been fine until it died last week without warming apparently due to battery. I replaced the battery last Friday and it has reset over 10 times since. I also use every day so this is very frustrating. Where is the nearest service centre to Nottingham or should I return to John Lewis where purchased from? Don't want to circum to the temptation to switch to garmin!
jetdfa is offline Reply With Quote
18-09-2012, 19:54   #7
George1567

Sent my FT80 (new Jan 2012) in for the issue detailed in this thread.

Today I get an email wanting payment??????????

This is for a new chest strap, they said it was worn out. No way this had anything to do with the watch re-setting.

It also says the watch housing was "damaged" but replaced at no charge. Im typing this as I sit on hold with the Polar service Dept. They claim the damage is what caused the watch to re-set all the time. I'm sorry, but this watch was never subject to conditions that a HRM should not eaisly uphold under. Not sure I want to put $$$ in if its only going to be another 8 months to do it again.

WOW....I expected a durable product from Polar.......this is a totally let down!!!!!!!!!!! I had been so much looking forward to getting my HRM back.....now I'm tempted to just go on without :-(

Oh.......still on hold with Pollar customer service........10+ mins.
George1567 is offline Reply With Quote
20-09-2012, 12:47   #8
Main User

Originally Posted by jetdfa View Post
I am having the same issue. This is my second FT80, returned first last year due to issues registering heart rate. The second has been fine until it died last week without warming apparently due to battery. I replaced the battery last Friday and it has reset over 10 times since. I also use every day so this is very frustrating. Where is the nearest service centre to Nottingham or should I return to John Lewis where purchased from? Don't want to circum to the temptation to switch to garmin!
Hiya!

Sorry to hear Warranty repairs are taken care of by the central service. You can register your service online in the UK.

//kate
20-09-2012, 12:52   #9
Main User

Originally Posted by George1567 View Post
Sent my FT80 (new Jan 2012) in for the issue detailed in this thread.

Today I get an email wanting payment??????????

This is for a new chest strap, they said it was worn out. No way this had anything to do with the watch re-setting.

It also says the watch housing was "damaged" but replaced at no charge. Im typing this as I sit on hold with the Polar service Dept. They claim the damage is what caused the watch to re-set all the time. I'm sorry, but this watch was never subject to conditions that a HRM should not eaisly uphold under. Not sure I want to put $$$ in if its only going to be another 8 months to do it again.

WOW....I expected a durable product from Polar.......this is a totally let down!!!!!!!!!!! I had been so much looking forward to getting my HRM back.....now I'm tempted to just go on without :-(

Oh.......still on hold with Pollar customer service........10+ mins.
Hi,
Not sure which service center you used in the US... Could you give our US customer care a shout (e.g. online chat) so that we can sort this out for you, please?

//kate