We announced earlier that this forum would close 15th December, 2014. However, we have received many requests to continue discussion forum and decided that Polar discussion forum will stay open until further notice - until we have something better to offer you guys.

Please note that this is a Polar user forum, and that:

1. The forum is meant for peer support of Polar products and for Polar users sharing their good practices and tips for training.
  2. The forum rules, since 2008, state that Polar will not provide technical assistance at this forum. So, to be able to best serve you we encourage you to contact Polar customer care directly with your issue, bug report, or any other feedback. Through direct contact we can provide you a personalized technical guidance and most efficiently share you feedback with Polar product development.
  3. Polar moderation at this forum means e.g. removing of inappropriate posts, banning spammers, and correcting OR removing of erroneous information about Polar products when encountered.

Thanks for observing the above! Be helpful, be considerate, inspire others to get to their goals, and enjoy sharing with the community!

- Polar Team-
(we do listen)

27-04-2011, 05:22   #1
marco8282

Life fitness elliptical chest strap
I have a life fitness elliptical 95xi that should read a polar heart rate system but my elliptical will not read my polar watch/strap which is coded. Do I need an uncoded strap? Would I even need the watch? What do I need and how does this work? Google searches lead me to needing an uncoded T 34 polar strap..is that right?

Last edited by marco8282 : 27-04-2011 at 05:24. Reason: missing word
marco8282 is offline Reply With Quote
27-04-2011, 19:31   #2
MusicLaw

If you don't have a spare WearLink+ Transmitter and WearLink+ fabric strap set to try (nor a friend's to borrow for a test), it is probably best to contact LifeFitness directly.

Here's a link to the product's user manual which contains the contact informatinn:

http://jp.commercial.lifefitness.com...l_62a07200.pdf

Training Gear:
RS800CX PTE, CS600, Spd/Cad/G5 on MARIN® Alpine29er
RCX5, RC3 GPS, FT80/G1, H2 SoftStrap, Loop H7/H6
FLOW & BEAT, GALAXY® S4 Active, QUAD LOCK®
SKIER'S EDGE® QS5 BigMtn RPM
P90X®, GoFit® PowerTube, Weights
PERFECT® FITNESS MultiGym & PushupV2
LUMINA 650 & MARS3 Lights
K2® BOA MACH100 Skates
HARBINGER® 1260 Gloves
CAMELBAK® Packs
ERGON® GP5 Grips
• RCX3, G3, FT60/40/7, F6, FA20, AW200, M71ti
MusicLaw is offline Reply With Quote
27-04-2011, 22:09   #3
tgalati4

Older equipment can sometimes only read uncoded straps. Especially if it is a home unit--not a commercial-grade or gym equipment.

My Precor elliptical (2006 vintage) can read both coded and non-coded straps, T34, T31, and WearLink+ Coded. Your research is telling you that only a non-coded T34 strap will work, but I would check with the company. Perhaps there is an upgrade board that you can install.
tgalati4 is offline Reply With Quote