We announced earlier that this forum would close 15th December, 2014. However, we have received many requests to continue discussion forum and decided that Polar discussion forum will stay open until further notice - until we have something better to offer you guys.

Please note that this is a Polar user forum, and that:

1. The forum is meant for peer support of Polar products and for Polar users sharing their good practices and tips for training.
  2. The forum rules, since 2008, state that Polar will not provide technical assistance at this forum. So, to be able to best serve you we encourage you to contact Polar customer care directly with your issue, bug report, or any other feedback. Through direct contact we can provide you a personalized technical guidance and most efficiently share you feedback with Polar product development.
  3. Polar moderation at this forum means e.g. removing of inappropriate posts, banning spammers, and correcting OR removing of erroneous information about Polar products when encountered.

Thanks for observing the above! Be helpful, be considerate, inspire others to get to their goals, and enjoy sharing with the community!

- Polar Team-
(we do listen)

15-09-2010, 18:33   #1
sbuess

FT7 and FlowLink
Dear Community,

I have two FT7 Watches.. one for myself and one from my girlfriend. We just installed FlowLink to upload our personal data. This is no problem with my watch. The align light goes on green immediately. With the watch of my girlfriend nothing happens. Do we have to activate something within the watch?

Hope you have a solution?

Best regards,
Stefan
sbuess is offline Reply With Quote
23-09-2010, 14:19   #2
Markielincs

same problem
Hi

I have similar problem.

Brand new FT7 and flowlink. version 2.1 software downloaded and installed. PC runs windows 7 64 bit.

Pc recognised flowlink and yellow data light on. when comes to instruction to place FT7 on flowlink absolutely nothing happens.

I have followed fixes on here and online but nothing. Can anyone help please. I have also tried on laptop with Windows 7 32bit and exactly the same.

Thanks

Mark
Markielincs is offline Reply With Quote
24-09-2010, 07:23   #3
Main User

If the synchronization does not start automatically when you place your product on FlowLink and both Align and Data lights are on, you can start the synchronization by right clicking the WebSync icon in taskbar and selecting Synchronize.

If that does not help, close the WebSync software and restart it: right click WebSync icon and select Exit. Remove your product from FlowLink and wait until Align light turns off. Then restart WebSync from desktop icon. Before placing your product on FlowLink again make sure that WebSync icon is shown on taskbar. Start synchronization manually by selecting Synchronize.
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
24-09-2010, 08:50   #4
Markielincs

Originally Posted by moderator View Post
If the synchronization does not start automatically when you place your product on FlowLink and both Align and Data lights are on, you can start the synchronization by right clicking the WebSync icon in taskbar and selecting Synchronize.

If that does not help, close the WebSync software and restart it: right click WebSync icon and select Exit. Remove your product from FlowLink and wait until Align light turns off. Then restart WebSync from desktop icon. Before placing your product on FlowLink again make sure that WebSync icon is shown on taskbar. Start synchronization manually by selecting Synchronize.
Hi

I think mine and suebess problems are the same. The flowlink has data light but no align light when FT7 is placed on it and synchronisation will not start either automatically or manually. The software has been started and stopped and started again now countless times. It is set to run as administrator and has been deleted and re installed several times, both on PC and laptop.

Reading the forums and internet sites this seems to be a common and inherent problem and countless solutions are offered but none seem to work for me.

This is a shame because it spoils what is otherwise a perfect product for my fitness use.

Thanks

mark
27-09-2010, 08:49   #5
Main User

When placing your training computer on FlowLink make sure it is activated e.g. not blank display and that the FlowLink is not in metallic base.

Since your are using FT7 check also version of the FlowLink. With FT7 you need to have version 08. You can check the FlowLink version from the serial number printed in back cover e.g. C938P508..
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
27-09-2010, 13:49   #6
Markielincs

Originally Posted by moderator View Post
When placing your training computer on FlowLink make sure it is activated e.g. not blank display and that the FlowLink is not in metallic base.

Since your are using FT7 check also version of the FlowLink. With FT7 you need to have version 08. You can check the FlowLink version from the serial number printed in back cover e.g. C938P508..
The flowlink has been tried on all types of surfaces, none of which are metallic and the FT7 is showing Date and time.

Also, C029P50878860 is the flowlink serial number which i presume is series 8 as suggested. I have now downloaded, removed and downloaded version 2. x x software at least 3 times from both thiis PC and laptop and still nothing apart from orange data light as previously described.

Regards

Mark
05-10-2010, 08:44   #7
Mirja

If advises given on this Forum does not help, please contact the local Polar representative. I'm sure they are able to help you further.

As stated in Forum rules, Polar monitors but does not formally provide technical support at the forum.
Mirja is offline Reply With Quote
05-10-2010, 16:58   #8
Christiaansijmons

same problem for me!
just bought a polar FT7, Serial C032S710 think this is version 10....
The data light is orange and the align sign stays out....
Christiaansijmons is offline Reply With Quote
07-10-2010, 19:26   #9
minigor

same problem for me!
just bought a polar FT7 and FlowLink with Serial C029P50879526, so it's Series 8.
The data light is orange and the align sign stays out....
minigor is offline Reply With Quote
08-10-2010, 05:37   #10
ThomasJohnLynch

Flow Link / Websync: no work!
I had all of these same symptoms. The software has some install and co exist issues. I had installed Web sync and then i installed Flow link thinking I needed both. i ended up with two daemon and both websyncs installed.

I uninstalled/removed everything and just installed the Flowlink/Websync 1 3 5 220 version from the downloads area.

did not work, uninstalled and reinstalled.....still just blinked but did not launch, tried different USBs, checkined devices etc, etc. About 3 hours of fun.

Solution. UNINSTALLED every thing, FROM ADD/REMOVE control panel. THEN go to program files and find the polar subdirectory with websync and DELETE the whole directory and subdirectories (seems unistall leaves a few files around.

i rebooted, and then reinstalled and viola!!! Works great.
ThomasJohnLynch is offline Reply With Quote