06-09-2010, 21:38   #1
paulrockliffe

Cannot Transfer Data
Hello,

I'm running the latest Polar Pro Trainer Software, S625x HRM, Black and Silver IRDA on Windows 7 64bit.

I've installed the latest drivers for the IRDA.

When I try to transfer data to my PC Polar Pro Trainer acts as if data is transferring, but the HRM connects, but then doesn't show the % complete. Then Pro Trainer closes the data transfer when it's 'complete' as you'd expect, but the data isn't loaded into Pro Trainer.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make this work? As far as I can tell from reading the forum etc the setup I have should work.

I'm pretty pissed off as I've been using Polar software for years and have consistently had problems transferring data every time I've changed operating system, got a new computer or made any changes to the system. I recently bought the IRDA because Polar won't support the USB 2.0 system on Windows 7/Vista or 64 bit, in the hope that it would solve my problems as I was using an XP machine to do data transfer and Live Mesh to sync it all to my proper computer.

Would really like an easy answer to this please!

Cheers
paulrockliffe is offline Reply With Quote
06-09-2010, 21:46   #2
Bockers

Originally Posted by paulrockliffe View Post
Hello,

I'm running the latest Polar Pro Trainer Software, S625x HRM, Black and Silver IRDA on Windows 7 64bit.

I've installed the latest drivers for the IRDA.

When I try to transfer data to my PC Polar Pro Trainer acts as if data is transferring, but the HRM connects, but then doesn't show the % complete. Then Pro Trainer closes the data transfer when it's 'complete' as you'd expect, but the data isn't loaded into Pro Trainer.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make this work? As far as I can tell from reading the forum etc the setup I have should work.

I'm pretty pissed off as I've been using Polar software for years and have consistently had problems transferring data every time I've changed operating system, got a new computer or made any changes to the system. I recently bought the IRDA because Polar won't support the USB 2.0 system on Windows 7/Vista or 64 bit, in the hope that it would solve my problems as I was using an XP machine to do data transfer and Live Mesh to sync it all to my proper computer.

Would really like an easy answer to this please!

Cheers
I use the silver polar IRDA dongle and a cheapo ebay dongle and they both work fine on Win 7 64Bit.

Where did you get the bit about polar not supporting USB2.0 :crazy: All USB2 sockest are backwards compatible anyway!

Previous Polars owned
Polar S710, S710i, S720i,
Pro Trainer user since 200
Bockers is offline Reply With Quote
07-09-2010, 07:35   #3
paulrockliffe

Sorry, I meant that Polar do not support this for Windows 7 64:

http://www.bodyinperfecthealth.co.uk...olar%20usb.jpg

I already own the black USB dongle, which was rather expensive for what it is, so I have no intention of spending more money on something that should work anyway.

Does anyone have any more useful suggestions for getting the hardware I have working?

Thanks.
07-09-2010, 07:46   #4
paulrockliffe

I should also highlight, that this doesn't appear to be a hardware issue; the transfer process identifies the model of watch, how much memory is free on it and appears to transfer the files across. It's just that when the process is complete the files don't then appear in Pro Trainer Software.
07-09-2010, 07:53   #5
Bockers

Indeed, sounds more like an application issue rather than a hardware problem.

Have you recently upgraded PT5?

As for not Win 7 64 bit compatible that is rubbish as it works fine.

Have you checked to see if the files are on your Hard Drive?

They should be in c: program files x86/Polar/Protrainer/your name/2010

If the folder is missing then you have your problem. Also check the setting in PT 5 as it may be looking in the wrong place or you may have invertantly set up a new user?

Previous Polars owned
08-09-2010, 04:37   #6
Main User

This may also help on finding the files: ProTrainer 5 Personal Data Location in Windows Vista / 7
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
08-09-2010, 21:01   #7
Bockers

Originally Posted by moderator View Post
This may also help on finding the files: ProTrainer 5 Personal Data Location in Windows Vista / 7
Except that that does not include the 64bit versions

They should be here:-

In 64 bit versions there are two program files versions. PT5 will be in th x86 one as it is not a 64 bit program

Previous Polars owned
09-11-2010, 19:14   #8
elmrunner

similar problem
Hi,

I have a very similar problem - except that the data transfer used to work just fine for over a year, and now all of a sudden not any more:

When I select 'Tools->Data Transfer', the transfer dialog opens up, and it looks like the device is connecting properly and data is transferring (the green % bar loads up, and I even see the exercises and date flashing by).

However, the exercise data doesn't end up in the calendar.

If I use the 'Tool->Edit Polar Product Settings' command, and then on the first page choose to save the exercise file manually (via 'Exercise Files'), the file CAN be saved to the calendar. This is a really cumbersome procedure though.

I am running Polar ProTrainer v5.40.171 and am transferring my data from a Polar RS800CX watch, using the black USB dongle that came with it in the box.

There were no recent changes made to my operating system, the ProTrainer software settings, or to the watch (except a battery change). The problem appeared out of the blue.

Any ideas on this? All help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
elmrunner is offline Reply With Quote
09-11-2010, 22:07   #9
elmrunner

solution
i found the solution to my problem. in my case, changing the battery in the watch must have for some reason set the date settings of the watch (it was set to 2008).

so in fact the software downloaded all data correctly, only to a different place in the calendar.

i also found some helpful forum posts, discussing various causes and solutions on this problem:

http://forum.polar.fi/showthread.php?t=2863

http://www.polar.fi/en/support/produ...8?OpenDocument

hope this will help others!
elmrunner is offline Reply With Quote