Originally Posted by Alexander Lapajne
Thanks for the quick reply!
So this is all done using Web Services then I gather? There's no "low end" protocol? What would I do in Android? Use JSON?
You don't have anything like an example Android project that talks to the heartrate monitor?
Polar Bluetooth protocol itself is not an open SDK. It requires a licensing agreement, done according to Polar licensing process. If you'd like to get considered for a licence, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with answers to the below questions. For internal evaluation of our possible co-operation we would need more detailed information from your side. We want to ensure that application developers meet Polar's quality standards.
- We would like to know in what kind of a business case you have planned to use Polar Bluetooth protocol/transmitter?
- What is the host-system you have and how does the system work?
- How is the Polar Bluetooth transmitter used in connection to the host?
- Who are in charge of this and what are their responsibilities?
- How are you going to utilize Polar brand?
- What is your volume forecast?
- What is the expected price level?
- What will be the distribution channel?
- How is After Sales operations planned to be handled?
- Who are your end-users and how can they use the heart rate feature in your application?
Hope this helps.