05-05-2012, 09:32   #1
Harryerat

RCX 3 Sync and PPT Display Problems/Questions
I recently switched from my RS 300 to the new RCX 3 and sadly noticed some problems with PPT in the process:

1) During training with the 300 I have set several activities in "My Sports". Since I first sync'd the RCX I now have useless "double" entries when choosing my training activity. I.e. I have set my own "running" activity and have now an aditional "running" added by the RCX. Unfortunately it seems that I can only erase MY settings (and thus my last years of training?) and not the new ones of the RCX.
Is there a way to get rid of those useless RCX entries?

2) Correcting Laps: it seems that when I correct the lap-distance (foot-pod has sometimes troubles with intervals or steep hills) PPT automatically corrects the time this lap used and vice versa.

In addition the LAST lap does not show the lap time but the total time. I have seen this with my 300 before and was used to take a lap and immediately stop training afterwards to get around this (and have a lap-time displayed for the last lap). Any way to get around this?

Harry
Harryerat is offline Reply With Quote
16-05-2012, 12:14   #2
Main User

Hi Harry.

1. You can't edit or remove the sport profiles given in the RCX3, but you can for instance re-name your own running sport (e.g. running 1) to make it stand out from the RCX3 default running sport. In practice it's ok if you have two sports called *Running* but it's easier if the name differs a bit. With two different running sports you can e.g. follow in My Progress separately your performance done with RCX3 and RS300X or see a combined report. The selection is made in My Progress report's > Select sport.

2. To lap editing/adding issues we don't unfortunately have an immediate solution. Bugs reported. Fix pending. Keep your eye on the ppt.com release notes we post immediately after update here at the ppt.com forum.

//kate
moderator is offline Reply With Quote
18-05-2012, 11:18   #3
Harryerat

Hi Kate,

1) I can see the yr point (chance to compare 2 sets of Polar-Equipment) yet I doubt the use for average Joe's like myself That is until you find a way where simply USING Polar stuff makes me run faster *grin*
From the way you put it I guess I have to live with this for now but I stronlgy suggest that some day in the future Polar makes these settings editable

Thx
Harry
Harryerat is offline Reply With Quote
18-05-2012, 13:04   #4
Main User

Originally Posted by Harryerat View Post
I stronlgy suggest that some day in the future Polar makes these settings editable
feedback acknowledged. thanks.
moderator is offline Reply With Quote