Polar Discussions Use Agreement
Your continued use of the Polar Discussion Forum site will always indicate your acceptance of the Terms for posting as stated below, and any changes to them. At any time Polar may change, add, or remove any part of these Terms or any part of the services and features provided at the Polar Discussion Forum site. If any future change is unacceptable to you, please discontinue using Polar Discussion Forums.
About Polar Discussion Forum site
Polar Discussion Forum site is aimed at all Polar product users and anyone interested in Polar products or sharing their training stories. The discussion forum site provides Polar Community members a place where experiences can be shared and user-to-user support given and received.
Polar actively monitors user experiences posted in the forums. Feedback received at the forums is used to further develop Polar products and services. Polar does not formally provide technical support at Polar Discussion Forum site. For technical support Polar Community member is urged to browse through support documentation provided at Polar Support site, or to contact the appropriate Polar distributor or Polar Global Helpdesk. Any information that is provided at the forums by Polar or Polar employees is offered on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind.
The forums are moderated for content and appropriateness.
Terms of Posting at Polar Discussion Forums
With regard to submitting content, you understand and agree that you are solely and fully responsible for all aspects of the content submitted, including but not limited to its legality, appropriateness and non-infringement of third-party intellectual property rights. Your use of public forums like the Polar Discussion Forums is at your own risk and you are responsible for any and all actions you take in the discussion forums as well as for any and all actions that you take based on information gained in Polar Discussion Forums.
Please note! There are always risks associated with providing personal or other data, whether in person, by phone or over the Internet, and that no system of technology is completely "tamper" or "hacker-proof." As such, you are advised not to use your full real name or give out your detailed address, phone number or any other personally identifiable information about yourself or anybody else in Polar Discussion Forums, or any other similar medium.
1. Use Search to find out if information already exists on your topic to minimize the number of threads on the same topic. You can access forum Search only when logged in.
2. Stay on topic. Let the name of the forum and their descriptions guide you in this. Polar Forums are here to help you use Polar products and technologies more effectively. Staying on topic does not include speculations or rumors about unannounced products or Polar decisions. Discussions on Polar policies or Polar procedures are also considered off the topic. If your post does not add anything relevant or helpful to the thread (cf. "lol", "haha", "do a search!"), consider not posting at all.
3. Post one message per topic. Do not post the same message in different sub forums. If someone shares your interest and can help you, your post will be answered. If you do not get an answer at the forum, please browse through support documentation provided at Polar Support site or contact the appropriate Polar distributor or Polar Global Helpdesk.
4. Be polite. Everyone should feel comfortable reading postings and participating in discussions. Foul or abusive language has no place at Polar Discussion Forum site. You can disagree with other community members without attacking or insulting. Polar will not tolerate flames or other inappropriate statements, material, or links. Most often, a "flame" is simply a statement that is taunting and therefore arbitrarily inflammatory. However, flames can also include those which are libelous, defamatory, indecent, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, abusive, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, or offensive in a sexual, racial, cultural, or ethnic context.
5. Post constructive comments and questions. Unless otherwise noted (cf. Polar Stories forum), your posting should either be a technical support question or a technical support answer. Constructive feedback about product features is also welcome. If the posting contains phrases such as “I’m sorry for the rant, but…” you are likely in violation of this policy.
6. Post only content that is yours. You should own or otherwise control all of the rights to the information contained in your posting.
7. Speak for yourself not for other forum users or Polar product users. For example, do not sign ‘Polar Fans Worldwide’ as you cannot be sure everybody endorses your post.
8. Do not post polls or petitions or links to same. If you would like to conduct a poll, you can use the ‘Poll’ feature when starting a new thread.
9. Do not suggest or encourage the making of a fraudulent warranty claim.
10. Do not advertise. The site is not to be used to sell or market your products. Do not post a URL unless it directly answers a user’s question or helps to explain your own. The following are subject to removal from the forums:
- A post created solely to advertise a book, service, software or some other item for sale.
- Any reference, including a link, to a commercial item that is not directly related to a relevant support question or answer.
- Unless otherwise invited by the forum or its description, do not include in signatures links to websites.
- If you include pictures, please make sure they are decent. No nudity is allowed.
- No inappropriate user names (“Aliases”) or impersonations. Inappropriate or offensive user names or aliases and persons attempting to impersonate another user are subject for removal. User names should not contain website, email addresses or other contact information.
11. Keep within the Law. No material may be submitted that is intended to promote or commit an illegal act.
12. License to use postings. By sending a post to any of the Polar Discussion Forums, you agree to grant Polar unlimited, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide rights and license to use, reproduce, modify, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the posting. If you do not want to grant to Polar the rights set out above, do not send your posting to Polar Discussion Forum site.
Inappropriate postings, or content that otherwise is in breach of the Terms of Posting may cause a temporary suspension or permanent removal of your account. Polar reserves the right to remove or edit any post/thread without prior notice or reason. If you notice a post that breaches these Terms, please advise the forum moderators.